Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th and God Bless America

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.


Today was the annual 4th of July celebration at one of the families from Church's house.  It's a lot of fun. Just about everyone from Church is there plus some. You eat food, play volley ball, (or in my case watch people play volley ball), talk, and just have a good time. I spent most of it with Benny and Wesley. (And mostly Benny) :D
Before that we almost always have a softball game at the field that's a block from my house.  My team lost by one point. :P  And then they get out the slingshot and shot water balloons across the field.

We were on our way home from the party tonight and my dad had the radio on. It was playing all these patriotic songs like America the Beautiful and there were fireworks exploding all over the place outside.
And I was thinking as we were driving through all this celebrating.  Do people even really think very much anymore about it? Or has it become more like Thanksgiving where people just feel like it's a day to have fun and eat? Do we think about what this day means?

I personally am very proud to be an American. I love my country. Just the name is beautiful. America.... I am an American through and through. I love our flag and wish that people respected it more than they do. I am proud to say the pledge of allegiance, the whole thing, including the part that some people find offensive.
I think it's sad that many people are no longer proud to be called American.

I am not happy with our government and the direction our country has taken. But that is not America.  America is the idea, the dream that our founding fathers had, and put into place.  And even if the physical country were to fail, which I do not think will happen anytime soon, I would still be an American at heart.

I pray that our country would realize it's mistakes and return to what it was meant to be.
A free nation where people could live with the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
When people from other countries think of America, I want the first things to come to their mind to be God and liberty.

God bless America again. Make us a beacon of light to the other nations. Let us have leaders who are proud to be leaders of our country, who are God-fearing men and women, who will strive to make the right decisions.

Tumblr_lnk8q9zqss1qbrkcao1_500_large

20090714021849

20090717214927

Tumblr_ljhx0etkzz1qd9gwfo1_500_large

Tumblr_lkovpwioyp1qgw756o1_1280_large





That video is of my choir singing the national anthem at a beavers game last year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment