Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hi!

I'm not very good at starting posts...  :P  But, hello!


My name is Shayleen, I'm 19, and this is my blog!  :)

I plan to have this blog be a little more art focused.  We'll see if that works.  I'm interested in many many different types of art.  Drawing, sewing, cooking, writing, baking, singing, photography, dancing, beads, paper, etc...

I'm the type of person who can just have one project that I'm working on.  If I do I feel stifled and uninspired.  I grow to hate the project that I'm working on as well and end up never finishing it.  My dream would be to have an art studio filled with desks.  One for my jewelry making, one for my sewing machine and sewing stuff, one filled with pencils and papers and things for drawing.  And the walls would be covered in cut outs from magazines, drawings, art from other artists that inspire me. That would be my ideal place to work.

The most inspiring place that I have ever been to, or probably ever will go to, is Portland.  Portland is my favorite place on earth.  I believe that if I could get there at least once a month I would be a great artist.  :)  I love going there and seeing all the shops and interesting clothes and people.  I love going to the bead store and the paper store and getting pizza at Pizzicato.  Mmm....  Puttanesca pizza at Pizzicato is the most amazing thing ever.
So don't be surprised if there are regular posts filled with pictures of Portland!  :D

I am the oldest in a family with 10 kids.  I go to a Church that I adore and that is basically the center of my life.  
I have not been able to find a job, I can't drive, and don't have much of a social life.
But I can get by with odd jobs for my Church and other various things, am pretty good with the bus, and have some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for.  (and when I do get out and get to spend time with them we have a blast.)  :D

I'm teaching myself to draw anime.
Want to learn Japanese and Hindi.
Love singing very much and would die to take voice lessons again.
I really want a serger so I can make elaborate costumes and have my friends model them.
I am teaching myself to take decent pictures on a pretty cheap camera and then edit them.  You will see plenty of these.
Coffee is my life force.
I make jewelry.
I can bake and cook quite a few things but I'm hoping to try out some new things...  There's this fried mango and raspberry type dish that looks amazing...

Anyhow, I think you get the picture.  I'll be posting about anything and everything with a bit of life thrown in.

LOVE!
Shayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment