Sunday, November 20, 2011

I can't wait…

Well, I'm kind of really cheating right now… The radio station that's playing in my room right now is the Christmas music station. I'm terrible. You're not supposed to listen to Christmas music till the day after Thanksgiving. Now, just for the record, I myself did not actually turn this on. My sister Fiona did. But I'm still quite guilty because instead of getting up and switching the station I'm sitting here revelling in its beautiful awesomeness…… sigh…

my co-worker mentioned to my today that it felt like this year Christmas seemed to have been rushing in even more than last year. I've been thinking maybe it's because we need it more this year than we did last year. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and starting to notice more things but it seems to me that our country is especially messed up and depressed this year. And December and Christmas is the month with "Peace on earth and good will towards men." How could you not want to rush that along? I mean it is "The most wonderful time of the year…"

I know that I am rather obsessed with Christmas. Every year about this time I start getting this antsy feeling and then the first time I hear a Christmas song or see a Christmas tree, or hear those Salvation Army bells I get so excited it's almost impossible to keep it all inside.

I love Christmas. Absolutely adore it. Every year the morning after Thanksgiving I get the house all cleaned and I unpack all of the decorations. I spend the day wrestling with Christmas lights and drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music.

Needless to say I am super excited for Christmas. Especially since this year I have a job and can actually afford to buy people good presents. :-P

Soon to come… a post packed full of Christmas gorgeousness…

No comments:

Post a Comment