Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Catching up

So I think I've killed my muse... killed it stone dead.

I thought when Autumn came I would start being able to write again... The smell of the air, the rain, and the color of the leaves almost always make me need to write. 

Like right now... I'm forcing myself to write this. I have a cup of warm coffee next to me, a fire going in the fireplace, and my inspirational playlist going. Usually that should be all it takes! Especially since it's raining outside at the moment.

Well, I guess I just need to try and work past this.

Choir started again two weeks ago. It's amazing to think how different this year is from when I first started it. In a good way completely. 
So far the songs we're learning aren't all that interesting though.
The choir will be singing at the Grotto for the second year in a row which means we have to learn about 45 minutes worth or music. Normally I adore starting choir and learning Christmas music straight off. It's like cheating since normally I don't allow myself to indulge in any Christmas music till the day after Thanksgiving. But this year none of the music has that distinct Christmas feel to it... Hopefully some of the stuff we start tonight will be more like it.
So far we've started learning:
And the Glory of the Lord from The Messiah Choruses by Handel
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (but the melody isn't the same as the traditional one)
Shepherd's Star
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Bach
Ok, that last one is a little more fun. Also it's pretty easy.
We're also learning Sing to the Lord by Vivaldi
We All Believe in One True God
and
Except the Lord Build the House based on Psalm 127

It's kind of a lonely season of choir for me this year since my best friend has moved to Washington for his new job. He comes back most weekends but he can't come back for choir...

Anyways

Today I walked up to Joann's to try and find a gypsy pattern for a costume I'm going to make. I found one but it isn't quite what I was looking for so I'm going to look through the old costumes we've got around here and see if I can find anything I can piece together.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish it before the party which is on the 21st... I'm putting together a costume dance as a fundraiser for the private school that my Church runs. Hoping plenty of people show up!

Last weekend Benny came back from Washington and Wes, Caleb, Forrest, Elisa, Benny, and I went to Portland. It was Wes' first time and Benny's second. We went to Saturday Market, Everyday Music, and ate lunch at Pizzicato. 


Caleb and Wesley's first time on the bus! :D








 The taco plate Benny and I split at Saturday Market :D


Benny bought a hat to keep his ears warm at his job in Washington. :) It's getting pretty cold up there.


 Wesley bought a new hat that is cool.


Benny, Elisa, and Wesley being hypnotized by the spinning porch decorations. 


Elisa is scarred by the singing marionettes...


Trying on cute hats :D




Caleb and Elisa :D







Benny got vinyl albums of the Shins and Wilco. He was pretty pleased with them. :)


Bus ride home


So other than the Doctor Who season ending not much has happened that I can think of... :P

Love!
Shay

1 comment:

  1. Good luck finding your muse again. Hopefully the dry spell won't last long.

    ReplyDelete